We need more milk。 (还得再买点牛奶。)
Let's go grocery shopping。 (那我们去超市买吧。)
公园里人挤人。
The park was crowded。
The park was filled with people。
今晚能帮我照看一下孩子吗?
Can you baby…sit tonight? *baby…sit“父母不在时帮忙照顾孩子”。
Can you baby…sit tonight? (今晚能帮我照看一下孩子吗?)
Sure I can。 (当然可以。)
●送礼物
这是送给你的。
This is for you。
This is for you。 (这是送给你的。)
That's very nice of you。 (太谢谢你啦。)
Here's something for you。
I got this for you。
这是你的那份。
This is your share。 *share“(一个一个分开的)分成的份儿,分开”。
This is your portion。
This is your part。
This portion is for you。
过生日想要什么礼物?
What do you want for your birthday?
What do you want for your birthday? (过生日想要什么礼物?)
I want gloves。 (我想要副手套。)
噢,来喽!
Ta…dah! *把礼物等送到别人面前时的一种表达方式。
Here you are! (请收下。)
Here you have it!
●生活习惯
我经常下班以后运动。
I usually work out after work。 *work out“训练,运动”。
I usually go to the gym after work。
I usually exercise after work。
我开始慢跑锻炼。
I've started jogging。
I've started jogging。 (我开始慢跑锻炼。)
Since when? (什么时候开始的?)
我戒烟了。
I quit smoking。 *quit“辞职,改变习惯”。
No; thanks。 I quit smoking。 (不,谢谢,我已经戒了。)
Good for you。 (你真伟大。)
I stopped smoking。
I don't smoke anymore。
I've become a non…smoker。
I no longer smoke。
你常做梦吗?
Do you dream often?
Do you often have dreams?
Do you dream a lot?
最近我总是丢三落四的。
I've been forgetful lately。
I've been forgetful these days。
●理财
什么时候到期?
When is this due? *due“必须支付”、“支付期限到了”。日常生活中常使用带有due的表达方式。
Here's the phone bill。 (这是电话费通知单。)
When is this due? (交费截止到什么时候?)
When is the rent due? (房租截止到几号?)
When is the paper due? (交论文的时间截止到几号?)
When is the last day I can pay for this?
How long is the pay period?
When do I have to pay this by?
When does this have to be finished by?
交费日期截止到30号。
It's due on the thirtieth。
能帮我换一下零钱吗?
Could you give me change? * change 也有“零钱”的意思。
Can you change this?
Could I have change?
能帮我换开100日元吗?
Do you have change for one hundred yen? *change 除了“交换,兑换”的意思之外,还有“零钱,破开的钱”。
Do you have change for one hundred yen? (能帮我换开100日元吗?)
Sure。 (可以。)
Can you change this? (能帮我破一下吗?)
Can you break a one…hundred…yen bill? (能帮我破开100日元吗?)
Can you break a hundred?
I'd like to change a hundred…yen note。 (我想破开100日元。)
Here's one hundred yen。 Could I have change? (这是100日元,能帮我破开吗?)
我要存5000日元(在我的账户上。)
I need to deposit five thousand yen (in my savings acomount)。 *deposit“在银行存钱”。
savings acomount “账户,户头”。
I need to put ¥5;000 into the bank。
我要取5000日元(从我的账户上)。
I need to withdraw ¥5;000 (from my savings acomount)。 *withdraw“(从存款中)取出,拿出”。
I need to take out ¥5;000 from the bank。
我是自己掏的腰包。
I paid out of my own pocket。 直译是“从自己的口袋里拿出钱来支付。”是“自己掏腰包”的固定说法。
我没带现金。
I'm out of cash。
我现在没有多少现金。
I don't have much money on me now。
May I borrow some money? (能借点儿钱吗?)
I don't have much money on me now。 (我现在没有多少现金。)
I didn't bring very much money with me。 (我身上没带多少现金。)
I'm a little short of money now。 (我现在钱不够用。)
身无分文。
I'm broke。
May I borrow ten dollars? (能借给我10美元吗?)
Sorry; I'm broke。 (对不起,我现在身无分文。)
I have no money。
I'm out of money。
I'm flat broke。 * 强调的说法。
现在我有很多现金。
I have a lot of money on me now。
I brought a lot of money with me。 (我带来了许多现金。)
I'm rich now。 (我现在很有钱。)
I'm rolling in it。
I have lots of cash on me。
我可没有时间闲呆着。
I can't afford to be lazy。 *afford“有钱,有时间,有力量”、“有富余”。
I can't afford to be idle。
I don't have time to be lazy。
多浪费呀!
What a waste! *waste “浪费,荒废,徒劳”。
How wasteful!
他因为还不上债而躲了起来。
He didn't pay the debt and disappeared。 *debt“借债,负债,有欠债的状态”。
He skipped town without paying his debt。
享受余暇时间
●邀请友人
这个周末你有空吗?
Are you free this weekend? *free“有空,空闲”。
Are you free this weekend? (这个周末你有空吗?)
Yes; I am。 (嗯,有空。) *回答no时,用“No; I have plans。”(不,我有安排。) “No; I'm going skiing。” (不,我要去滑雪。)
我们还可以再见面吗?
Could I see you again?
能给我你的电话号码吗?
Could you give me your phone number?
我们在哪儿见面?
Where shall we meet?
Where shall I meet you?
要我开车去接你吗?
Shall I come to pick you up? *pick up“开车去接某人”。
你今天下午有安排吗?
Are you doing anything this afternoon?
Are you doing anything this afternoon? (你今天下午有安排吗?)
No; nothing special。 (没有,没有什么特别的安排。)
*如果有安排的话,可用下面的回答。
Yes; I have to work。 (嗯,我得工作。)
Do you have plans for this afternoon?
Are you busy this afternoon? (今天下午你忙吗?)
和我一起吃晚饭,好吗?
How about having dinner with me?
How about having dinner with me? (和我一起吃晚饭,好吗?)
Sounds great! (那太好了!)
How about dinner? (一起吃晚饭怎么样?)
Let's have dinner together。 (让我们一起吃晚饭吧。)
我们干嘛不去看棒球比赛呢?
Why don't we go to see a baseball game?
Why don't we 。。。? “为什么不……呢?”
Why don't we go to see a baseball game? (我们干嘛不去看棒球比赛呢?)
Yeah! (好啊!)Let's go see a baseball game!
真对不起,我另有安排。
Sorry; I'm tied up。 *be tied up“受(时间的)约束”。
Sorry; I have plans。
Sorry; I'm busy。 (对不起,我很忙。)
I'm sorry; but I have other plans。
实在对不起,恐怕不行。
I'm afraid I can't。
I'm sorry but I can't。
谢谢您的邀请,可是……
Thanks for asking; but。。。
Let's go out for a drink。 (去喝一杯吧。)
Thanks for asking; but I already made plans。 (谢谢你的邀请,可是我有别的安排。)
Thanks for the invitation; but。。。 (谢谢您的邀请,可是……)
另找时间可以吗?
How about a rain check? *rain check指“(比赛、活动等)因雨天改期再赛时作为入场券的原票票根”。由因雨天中止或延期比赛而发给观众“rain check”引申为被邀请者因故不能接受邀请,而邀请继续有效的意思,“以后方便的时间”、“下次还有机会”。
Let's do it another time。 (再找时间吧。)
Could we plan it for another day? (能找其他时间吧?)
Some other time。 (再找其他时间吧。)
我希望你能来。
I hope you can come。
●订计划
你什么时候方便?
When is it convenient for you? *生意场上、朋友之间均可用该句来决定约会的日子和时间。convenient “方便的,合适的”。
When is it convenient for you? (你什么时候方便?)
I'm free on Friday。 (星期五。)
What is a good time for you?
When is good for you?
什么时候?
About what time?
什么时候都行。
Whenever。
Jack; what time do you want to go bowling? (杰克,你想什么时候去打保龄球呀?)
Whenever。 I'm free all day。 (什么时候都可以。我一整天都有空。)
Whenever you are free。 (什么时间都行,只要你有时间。)
Any day is okay。 (哪天都行。)
Any day of the week is fine。 (星期几都行。)
Anytime is fine。
等你有时间的时候吧。
When you have time。
我今天有空。
I'm free today。 *free 有“自由的,免费的”等多种意思,在这句里是“有空”的意思。
I have a lot of free time toda